I help great companies do good and help good people do great.
I work+play to make fun things and make things fun.
I love to connect, inspire, enlighten, empower and enjoy. And be thoughtful. In all senses.
I invite you to join me.
I want to leave the world a better place than I found it. I’ve worked towards that as:
- Creative Director for TED‘s TEDActive conference
- Advisor at the Texas Medical Center Accelerator (TMC|X)
- Founding member of the Mayor’s Innovation & Technology Advisory Board for the City of Houston
- Co-Founder of Women In Tech : Houston (WITHouston)
- Co-Founder of C2 Create
- Co-Curator of TEDxHouston and TEDxYouth@Houston
- Creative Juicer at Culture Pilot
- Director of Special Ops at DFJ Mercury (aka Mercury Fund)
- Community Liaison for Mayor Pro-Tem/Council Member Gordon Quan
- Editor and Writer for Rice Addict Magazine
- Board Member: Spacetaker (now FreshArts), OCA-Greater Houston, Youth Leadership Council, Philippine American Chamber of Commerce, FACOST, Tagalog Youth
- Organizer and Producer of numerous fundraising events, educational programs, and GOTV initiatives for diverse nonprofit organizations
Grace Rodriguez facilitates innovation and impact. She blends design thinking with new technologies to help startups and growing companies:
- Clarify vision and values
- Explore novel opportunities
- Develop insight-driven, results-oriented strategies
- Brand and position offerings
- Communicate with stakeholders and audiences
- Execute on mission elegantly and effectively
Forging a path from neuroscience and design to branding, from government and politics to social entrepreneurship, and from community organizing and coworking to venture capital and STEAM acceleration, Grace has earned hands-on expertise in conference and event development, leadership and team optimization, business and social innovation, and design thinking and lean startup processes. Grace was selected as one of Google’s original Glass Explorers for her proposal on bridging the “Digital Divide.”
Grace is a founding member of the Mayor’s Innovation & Technology Advisory Board for the City of Houston, and an Advisor for the Texas Medical Center Accelerator (TMC|X) and Houston Independent School District’s Innovation Curriculum. She serves Houston’s creative+tech community as co-founder of: Women In Tech: Houston, C2 Create, COHouston, TEDxYouth/TEDxHouston. Grace has also served numerous nonprofit organizations and social justice initiatives as a board member and volunteer.
Grace shares what she learns at workshops, events and academic institutions nationwide, including: University of Houston, Q Ideas/Q Commons, Creative Mornings, SXSW, TEDActive, diverse TEDx events, TechStreet, HiMA Interactive Strategies Conference, Texas Conference for Women, New Leaders Council, Visualized, Ignite Houston, the Youth Leadership Conference, Houston Arts Alliance and HISD.
Grace is passionate about serving and supporting diverse communities, and has served on the boards of and volunteered for numerous arts, economic development, and service organizations. Grace advocates for stronger integrative STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) programs, especially in early education; for inclusion and empowerment of diverse individuals and communities through open platforms; and for innovative uses of science and technology to foster social equity.