I help great companies do good and help good people do great.
I work+play to make fun things and make things fun.
I love to connect, inspire, enlighten, empower and enjoy.
I aspire to be thoughtful. In all senses.
I invite you to join me.
I work (or have worked) to leave the world a better place than I found it, as:
- Co-Founder & CXO (Chief Experience Officer) for Station Houston
- Advisor at the Texas Medical Center Accelerator (TMC|X)
- Creative Director for TED‘s TEDActive conference
- Co-Curator of TEDxHouston and TEDxYouth@Houston
- Founding member of the Mayor’s Innovation & Technology Advisory Committee (under then Mayor Pro Tem/Council Member Ed Gonzalez, now Sheriff Gonzalez) for the City of Houston
- Co-Founder of Women In Tech : Houston (WITHouston)
- Co-Founder of C2 Create
- Creative Juicer at Culture Pilot
- Director of Special Ops at DFJ Mercury (aka Mercury Fund)
- Community Liaison for Mayor Pro-Tem/Council Member Gordon Quan
- Editor and Writer for Rice Addict Magazine
- Board Member: Writers In The Schools (WITS), Spacetaker (now FreshArts), OCA-Greater Houston, Youth Leadership Council, Philippine American Chamber of Commerce, FACOST, Tagalog Youth
- Producer, Organizer, Committee Member and Volunteer for numerous fundraising events, educational programs, and Get Out The Vote (GOTV) initiatives for diverse nonprofit organizations
Grace Rodriguez catalyzes social innovation and impact. She blends design thinking with new technologies to help startups and growing companies:
- Clarify vision and values
- Explore novel opportunities
- Develop insight-driven, results-oriented strategies
- Brand and position offerings
- Communicate with stakeholders and audiences
- Execute on mission elegantly and effectively
Forging a path from neuroscience and design to branding, from government and politics to social entrepreneurship, and from community organizing and coworking to venture capital and STEAM acceleration, Grace has earned hands-on expertise in conference and event development, leadership and team optimization, business and social innovation, and design thinking and lean startup processes. Grace was selected as one of Google’s original Glass Explorers for her proposal on bridging the “Digital Divide.”
Grace is a founding member of the Mayor’s Innovation & Technology Advisory Committee for the City of Houston (2014-2015), and an Advisor for the Texas Medical Center Accelerator (TMC|X) and Houston Independent School District’s Innovation Curriculum. She serves Houston’s creative+tech community as co-founder of: Women In Tech: Houston, C2 Create, COHouston, TEDxYouth/TEDxHouston. Grace has also served numerous nonprofit organizations and social initiatives as a board member and volunteer.
Grace shares what she learns at workshops, events and academic institutions nationwide, including: SXSW, TED/TEDActive, regional and international TEDx events, University of Houston, Spring Branch ISD, WBEA, Creative Mornings, Q Ideas/Q Commons, TechStreet, HiMA Interactive Strategies Conference, Texas Conference for Women, New Leaders Council, Visualized, Ignite Houston, the Youth Leadership Conference, Houston Arts Alliance and HISD.
Grace is passionate about serving and supporting diverse communities, and has served on the boards of and volunteered for numerous arts, economic development, and service organizations. Grace advocates for stronger integrative STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) programs, especially in early education; for inclusion and empowerment of diverse individuals and communities through open platforms; and for innovative uses of science and technology to foster social equity.